Re: GDB does not stop in breakpoint!

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: GDB does not stop in breakpoint!
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:36:18 +0100 (CET)

>     3       breakpoint     keep y   0x081fc176 in funcall_lambda at
> eval.c:3147
>         stop only if EQ(XCDR(XCAR(arg_vector[0])),Qx)
>         breakpoint already hit 411 times
>

>     It stops even if XCDR(XCAR(arg_vector[0])) != 'x
>
> I did not know it was possible to use C macros in GDB.
> But if that does work now, I do not see why this condition would fail
> to work correctly.

The protocol of communication between the debugger and the executable is dwarf
for C language. When one create the executable, it must be created following
this protocol for gdb to be able to debug.

There is a flag to gcc to add options such that  gdb can render macros.

> But it is clear that that fails to verify whether arg_vector[0]
> is a cons cell.  So it will sometimes match objects that are the
> wrong type.
>
> Therefore, it is certain that this
>
>     cond 3 (CONSP(arg_vector[0]) && CONSP(XCAR(arg_vector[0])) &&
>     EQ(XCAR(XCAR(arg_vector[0])),Qx))

yes, i am required to check.

Vous n’avez pas encore adressé vos voeux ? Retrouvez nos cartes sur
http://carte-de-voeux.voila.fr