Re: GDB does not stop in breakpoint!

From: alin.s
Subject: Re: GDB does not stop in breakpoint!
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:36:51 -0800 (PST)

Now I reply the experiment on some unpatched sources, and here is a sure way
to reproduce the "bug" (if it'sa bug)

1. breakpoint in Fx_create_frame
2. run emacs and block X-windows.
3. from a console kill gdb
4. when I return in X, emacs is running , and gdb that started it is dead.

If somebody can explain me in detail what happens when X blocks, please
explain me.

debian:/emacs-gtk/src# gdb ./emacs
GNU gdb 6.8-debian
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
SIGINT is used by the debugger.
Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from
terminal]
DISPLAY = :0.0
TERM = xterm
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8147e63: file emacs.c, line 431.
Breakpoint 2 at 0x8168760: file sysdep.c, line 1132.
(gdb) break Fx_create_frame
Breakpoint 3 at 0x811ef98: file xfns.c, line 3129.
(gdb) r -Q
Starting program: /emacs-gtk/src/emacs -Q
[New Thread 0xb725d8c0 (LWP 4971)]
[Switching to Thread 0xb725d8c0 (LWP 4971)]

Breakpoint 3, Fx_create_frame (parms=139100246) at xfns.c:3129
3129      int minibuffer_only = 0;
(gdb) Killed
debian:/emacs-gtk/src#