Re: Help me unstick my bzr, please.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Help me unstick my bzr, please.
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:04:32 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by ``appear to be mainline''
 > and by ``commits [...] to be a feature branch''.  Can you elaborate?

I suspect the approach you propose will have the following appearance
in bzr log:

$ bzr log
2       acm made a small change to CC mode
1       rms made a small change to RMail
$ bzr log -n0
2       acm made a small change to CC mode
  1.3     eli made a small change to the MSDOS Makefile.in
  1.2     cyd released Emacs 23.2
  1.1     dak added a node to Info
1       rms made a small change to RMail
$

Very likely to happen in acm's mirror branch, and I believe that this
would propagate to the main repository when he pushes.  It is
*definitely possible* for this to happen.  Whether or not it *will*
happen depends on exactly what the state of acm's branch is and how he
goes about fixing it up, merging to trunk, and pushing to Savannah.

If it happens and gets pushed, it is repairable, of course, but only
at the cost of rebasing a published branch.