Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 01:51:55 +0900

David Kastrup writes:

 > I don't see his claim of Emacs developers having to do a "pledge of
 > allegiance to Emacs" as polite, insightful, straight or clear.

I didn't claim that you *have* to do a pledge of allegiance to
contribute to Emacs.  I claim that in practice it is those who have a
strong loyalty to Emacs who do contribute, because the costs of
contribution are too high for casual contributors.  I do not claim
that anything can be done about this for sure, merely that it would be
worth looking for ways to reduce those costs in order to encourage a
wider variety of users to contribute.

 > If he considers inappropriate and factually wrong rhetorics necessary to
 > bolster his case,

Of course the rhetoric is not necessary to my case.  If it were, I'd
post to alt.religion.emacs instead.