Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:28:11 -0500

> Has that ever been done?  Of course Richard used to reply to every
> assignment of XEmacs code with "encouragement" to work on Emacs
> instead, but I don't recall ever hearing of someone being asked to
> sign an assignment so that someone's private integration of XEmacs
> code into Emacs could be published.

If a contributor has papers, and wants to contribute code to Emacs, and
the code is helpful to the Emacs project (i.e. it has to make sense in
the Emacs code context), then whether or not the code has also been
contributed to XEmacs is irrelevant.  There is no reason to treat it any
more or less favorably than any other contribution.