Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:49:38 -0400

We have testimony that some ordinary users want self-inserting
characters to delete the region (which they have made with the mouse).
We have testimony that one ordinary user thinks that same behavior is
a pain.  I am sure both reports are factually accurate, but where do
we go from there?

It would be useful to find out what some larger number of ordinary
users think.  How many want self-inserting characters to delete the
mouse-selected region, how many are glad it doesn't, and how many
don't care?