Re: MS-Windows build broken in Fmake_network_process

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build broken in Fmake_network_process
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:14:09 +0100

* Eli Zaretskii [2010-03-26 21:05+0100] writes:

>> From: Helmut Eller <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:17:41 +0100

>> > No.  And I don't know enough about this issue to work on the problem,
>> > even if I did.
>>
>> Then link in getsockopt.  That's the most direct solution.
>
> Solution for what?

The problem that you apparently can't compile it on Windows.

> The previous code had no problems on Windows.  The
> bug report that triggered the new code was deeply rooted in Posix
> behavior; the solution is Posix-centric code, and was never tested on
> Windows.  Why should it be run on Windows,

Because Windows has the same BSD based socket API.

> and what ``problem'' will
> that solve?

a) that you can compile it b) that connect can be interrupted before the
connection is established.  If C-g or some other key is pressed during
connect this must be dealt with in some way.  Which the previous code
did not do correctly.

Helmut