Re: Using Git to manage your Emacs changes

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Using Git to manage your Emacs changes
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:10:33 -0400

   >     Then what is necessary to do to make Git a GNU package?
   >
   > Agreeing to follow our practices on a lot of issues.  It is most
   > unlikely that Torvalds would agree.

   Does it really matter that much?  I am certain that their are other
   parts of the GNU system (like, perhaps, TeX), where the hackers in
   question don't follow GNU policies.  In fact, Bazaar doesn't
   completely follow GNU policies (no texinfo documentation, and no
   real plans to generate it either).

While TeX is part of the GNU system, it is not part of the GNU
project.  I hope that bazaar will adpot texinfo manuals soon, I think
someone was working on that.