Re: Frame ordering

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Frame ordering
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:30:51 +0900

> On Jun 13, 2010, at 8:30 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>> Should Vframe_list not be updated in the event loop?
>>
>> Why not update it in Fselect_frame, and obey the `norecord'
>> argument?

> Tried that - doesn't catch clicks into the frame by the user.

> However, I got the code below to work at the end of do_switch_frame.

> I think this would be a substantial, and good change to the way
> frames are ordered.  Are you OK with this?

Did you confirm that the original problem was not specific to the NS
port?

We usually don't need to specify the next focus window (in
window-system terminology) that is to be selected when a window is
closed.  The window system or the window manager automatically move
the focus according to its policy (e.g., the frontmost window, which
may belong to another application).  This also applies to Cocoa
AppKit.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2009-05/msg00373.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2009-05/msg00413.html

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu