Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:36:58 -0700

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Uday S Reddy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Richard Stallman writes:
>
> > It is not that we can't -- it is that we won't.  Our goal is to
> > eliminate nonfree software, not enhance it.
>
> Ok, I understand the revolutionary aspect of the project (which I
> might not have fully understood before).
>
> But there are two further questions:
>
> - What is the best way to live in the mixed economy until the
> revolution succeeds?  If I understand correctly, Aquamacs *is* free
> software, but its level of cooperation with proprietary software might
> be different from Gnu's.
>
> - The copyright problem also seems to block Gnu from absorbing, or
> even partrnering with, other fully free software (with no question of
> any nonfree software).  I have in mind all the stuff on nongnu.org.
> Your statement above isn't addressing that issue.

The only way to achieve this condition of "freedom" is to educate the
people and by answering the architecture type questions in a doc then
I am writing. No company will dare charge more than service fee in
that case. But now its a monopoly. This will achieve results faster
than waiting till the end of the world which is by the way coming very
soon according to many calenders.