Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: The copyright issue (Was: Key bindings proposal)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 12:15:43 +0200

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:00, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> My reading is that, in his perfect world, the GNU Hurd would have the
> popularity that Linux currently enjoys.

Yes.

> He did not state for what
> reason or motive the users of that world would have chosen it.

Pitfalls and all, it is based on a stronger technical foundation
(though of course Linux has evolved a lot from its almost-Minix days).
It is GNU. And it's not from Linus. These are all positives in my
view.

> But we can presume that, if the Hurd were this popular for a long time,
> the community would make it work very well.

Quite likely.

> I would wish for all software users to
> have freedom and value freedom.

And then non-free software would vanish in a puff of smoke, and
lawyers would jump out their windows in the thousands. All positives,
again.

    Juanma