Re: document package.el

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: document package.el
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:23:26 -0600

>>>>> "Christoph" == Christoph  <address@hidden> writes:

Christoph> I am wondering, is there a way to give package.el a list of
Christoph> packages to go download from ELPA and install? I would also
Christoph> want it to use this list to check for new versions of all
Christoph> packages in the list. Either on startup or on command (M-x
Christoph> package-upgrade). Also, on a new installation of Emacs I
Christoph> would just tell it "Go get the packages in the list" and it
Christoph> would recreate my package configuration on that machine.

There isn't anything like this.

I suppose it could be done with a little elisp.

Tom