Re: Selection changes in revno 100822

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Selection changes in revno 100822
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:18:17 -0400

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:07:59 +0200
>
> One nuisance of typical X operation is that there is basically only one
> selection that counts, but every application will have its own
> highlighting/active region.

Is that really so?  AFAIR, when you select text in some application on
X, if another app had selected highlighted text prior to that, that
other app deselects its text and loses the highlight.  If Emacs does
not behave like that on X (i.e. is not sensitive to some other
application setting PRIMARY), perhaps it should.

> But I don't think that multiple frames of the same Emacs session can
> have an active highlighted region at the same time.  At least that
> seems to be the case in my currently compiled Emacs.

They can, if you set highlight-nonselected-windows non-nil.