Re: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 18:17:48 +0100

Adrian Robert skrev 2010-12-06 14.09:
Hi,

I know there were some selection changes a while back on the trunk and
one effect on the NS port is that selecting text no longer affects the
system clipboard selection.  You have to actually copy (M-w, Cmd-c) it now.
I was wondering if there was any setting to get the old behavior back?

 From a customize-apropos it looked like Select Active Regions or Pc
Selection Mode might have something to do with it, but I couldn't get
them to work.  Nor do I really want to activate transient-mark-mode
which they seem to require.

Just wondering if this is something by design, a bug in the NS port, or
I'm just missing the correct way to do it?

The PRIMARY selection maps to NXPrimary (aka @"Selection") now, as that makes sense on GNUStep. Maybe we should map PRIMARY to the general pasteboard (aka clipboard) when not on GNUStep or hijack x-select-enable-clipboard? AFAIK, there is no way to get selected text to the clipboard without a copy (M-w and such).

        Jan D.