Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 13:18:53 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 13:42:45 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>     Try https://github.com/pusto/rtf-el
>
> Could people determine whether we would like to install that?

It does the job, but clearly still needs work (layout is sometimes
incorrect or unpleasant, and I saw it err wrt to encoding of non-ASCII
characters at least once).  Visiting a 300K file takes about 20 sec,
which is quite slow, but tolerable.

It's possible that we should install this and continue developing
thereafter.