Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 09:38:07 -0700

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> Note that this auto-generation of globals.h might trigger some
Stefan> related neurons and bring up related desires.
Stefan> E.g. auto-generate the `defsubr' calls and all the
Stefan> intern_c_string+staticpro for Q<foo> vars ;-)

Auto-generating the `defsubr' calls looks reasonably easy.  Well -- it
looks very easy given sed, I have no clue about the Windows build.  I
guess I could write a C program in lib-src.

I actually did the Q* vars once for another hare-brained hack of mine.
I could probably reproduce that.  What I did there is have a file that
was just a list of Lisp symbols.  Then, I generated all the declarations
and initialization of the Q* constants from that.

I could look into this again, but IIRC it was quite a bit of work.
But maybe it would be amenable to automated rewriting now.

Really we should just go the extra mile and write Emacs in Lisp ;-)
That would solve a lot of problems.

Tom