Re: lib/ should have its own ChangeLog

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: lib/ should have its own ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:52:44 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I suggest the lib/ (and m4?) directory should have a separate ChangeLog,
>> unless that makes syncing difficult for some reason.
>
> I don't think that's needed.  It can use the top-level ChangeLog (or
> even the src/ChangeLog).

Every other top-level subdir with > 1 file has its own ChangeLog.

The other part of my motivation was, I'm not sure the very detailed
ChangeLog entries imported from gnulib (eg 2011-01-30, which is 50% of
the length of the whole nextstep/ChangeLog) are of much relevance to
Emacs; so I think it would be better to keep them more separate, if they
are needed at all (as opposed to just, eg, "update from master").