Re: How many more gnulib imports?

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: How many more gnulib imports?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:32:08 -0700

Hi Eli

On 2/20/2011 10:28 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

However, this change will only work with MinGW, since it has stdint.h.
To make it work with MSVC, we need to add nt/inc/stdint.h, and make
lib/md5.$(O) depend on it.  For MinGW, nt/inc/stdint.h could just say
"#include_next<stdint.h>" (conditioned on __GNUC__ being non-zero).
Otherwise, it should include the minimum needed for md5.c to compile.
Paul said a few messages ago that all that's needed for now is this:

    typedef unsigned int uint32_t;

Could you please commit such a followup change, after you test it (see
below)?  If not, I will get to it in due time.

See attached patch.

To test this change (assuming you don't have MSVC -- neither do I,
btw), rename MinGW's stdint.h in the MinGW include directory, create
an nt/inc/stdint.h that has just the above 1 line, and then try
building with MinGW.  Any compilation error/warning you see probably
means that more stuff needs to be added to nt/inc/stdint.h.

I tested it as follows:

Renamed MinGWs stdint.h to _stdint.h. Verified mingw32-make fails because it cannot find stdint.h. Changed line "#ifdef __GNUC__" in nt/inc/stdint.h to "#ifndef __GNUC__" to force it to execute #else branch. mingw32-make clean, mingw32-make compiles without errors or warnings. Then, of course I changed the line back to "#ifdef __GNUC__" before creating the patch. :)

Christoph