Re: splitting ChangeLogs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: splitting ChangeLogs
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:23:32 -0400

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:39:40 +0900
>
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>  > > I think it would be preferable to use bzr cp, but it doesn't seem to
>  > > exist.
>  >
>  > What would it do, if it existed, that a simple `cp' won't?
>
> It would arrange the history of ChangeLog be attached to both
> ChangeLog and ChangeLog.11.

Sorry, I don't follow.  "History" here means the sequence of revisions
where the file was modified, right?  If so, then past revisions are
already frozen in the repo's DAG, and each revision there is
immutable, right?  IOW, if a certain revision changed only file A,
there's no way to retroactively change it so that it appears to modify
both A and B, right?  It is also not possible to add revisions that
were not originally there, right?  So what am I missing?