Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat

From: Ben Key
Subject: Re: Supporting parameters that include the = character in configure.bat
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:17:59 -0500

Hello,

I am working on the patch to configure.bat to support using parameters that include the = character.  I need some input on changes I am making to the usage message.  My changes are as follows:

The cflags and ldflags arguments support parameters that include the =
character.  However, since the = character is normally treated as a
separator character you will need to enclose any parameter that includes
the = character in quotes.  For example, to include
-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=100000 as one of the cflags you would run
configure.bat as follows:
configure.bat --cflags "-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=100000"

Note that this capability of processing parameters that include the =
character depend on command extensions.  This batch file attempts to enable
command extensions.  If command extensions cannot be enabled, a warning
message will be displayed.

What is your opinion of these changes?  If I should change the wording simply send me the recommended changes.

Thanks.