Re: [display-buffer] a way to make it behave as before?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: [display-buffer] a way to make it behave as before?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:25:55 +0200

> I only want to see it in the other window of the current frame.

There was a misunderstanding.  I thought you wanted a new frame :-(

In the first version of `display-buffer-alist' there was no minimum size
of the new window specified, so you got too many windows.  This should
have been fixed in the meantime.  So the best solution is probably to
try using the default value of `display-buffer-alist' again.

If you want to avoid that another frame showing the buffer already is
used, replace in all reuse-window specifiers you find in
`display-buffer-alist' the last element by nil.

That is, wherever you see an object like

  (reuse-window nil same visible)

replace the term `visible' by nil

  (reuse-window nil same nil)

so only the selected and not all visible frames get inspected.

martin