Re: Git mirrors

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 06:22:08 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 05:45, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> The "is" refers to GNU and specifically to the GNU policy, not to
> "promoting ... bzr".

I don't see how the above can be read other than "is GNU a competing
project, to the point of not only promoting a technically inferior
package", etc.

> but what is
> indisputable is that bzr was not ready for the task at the time the
> decission was made

Yes. Was. I already said I agreed at the time.

But this is now, and bzr is ready for the task, and discussing again
what could have been is pointless IMO.

    Juanma