Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:00:04 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>,
>         <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:22:44 -0800
>
> > > If you want to know what users use, ask them.
> >
> > If a feature is broken and no one complains, I can know that without
> > asking.
>
> You are changing the subject.  My response to your argument rejecting checking
> the logs was made long before you mentoned that the feature was broken.

Which is exactly the point: time and again you allow yourself to pass
severe judgment on motives of others, without having _any_ idea
whatsoever about the facts of the matter, just because you smell some
"attitude".

If you want your opinions to matter, first learn the subject, or ask.
_Then_ state your opinion, based on facts.

> At that point the discussion was about whether the barebins were being used.
> You had not yet made clear (to my knowledge, at least) that there was anything
> broken wrt barebins.

I assume that people who write their opinions know what they are
talking about.  It is your duty to make yourself familiar with facts
before you speak up, especially when talking about something that was
last discussed 7 months ago.