Re: clang/emacs/ecb/semantic

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: clang/emacs/ecb/semantic
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:40:49 -0500

    Is not the production of executable binaries that run on nonfree
    operating systems the 'feeding of data to nonfree tools'?

It is a moot question, because you've taken my words out of context.
The context in which I said them was that of using free front-ends
with nonfree back-ends.  You are focusing on the words I said, and
ignoring what they meant.

      It seems AGPL covers the output from the program;

No, the AGPL covers the case of giving people remote access to use a
program.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation