Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:15:15 +0200

> Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:11:24 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> The question is, is it right to send the undecoded message
> or is it better to send what is visible?

You can only send what is visible if the attachment was human-readable
text.  You cannot do that with binary attachments.

Also, if the mail you forward has both text and HTML format, the
recipient will be unable to display HTML or text depending on her mail
agent, but will see both of them.

So I think it is better to send them encoded, so they appear as
attachments on the receiving side.