Re: Better indentation for elisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Better indentation for elisp
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:53:11 -0500

> I think we could just reuse some SLIME indentation ideas for Emacs
> Lisp.  The algorithm is smart enough to handle any typical Elisp
> indentation, and it is kind of a generalization of the present one.

OT1H I like the idea, but OTOH I also like the fact that the simple
indentation strategy used in Elisp works well enough for almost all
of Elisp.

So, I think I could be convinced, but only if the new indentation
algorithm is sufficiently simple.  I generally like the indentation
specifications you suggest (except for `defun': why do we need it?).

        Stefan