Re: eww

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:03:58 +0800

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:13:22 -0400
>> Cc: Tom Tromey <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>>       emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>>
>> Info has serious shortcomings which are hard to circumvent.  E.g. it's
>> pre-formatted.
>
> For manuals we produce ourselves, using the --fill-column switch to
> makeinfo can easily overcome the pre-formatted thing.
>
> Any other serious shortcomings?

Well, I don't see any serious shortcomings, but I found a minor problem:
"texi2any --info" still use the convention of backtick ` and straight
single quote ' to emulate curly quotes “ ” or ‘ ’.  It also use other
ASCII kludge such as => instead of ⇒.  Emacs itself support Unicode
several years ago, what about replacing these characters?  At least add
a switch to texi2any.

(Sorry for the off-topic.)

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.