Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 21:18:10 +0400

On 09.07.2013 20:07, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
Currently we use the same face (font-lock-type-face) for both
classes/modules and constants. Classes and Modules are mandatory
CamelCase(although Camel_Case is also valid, albeit it's considered
extremely poor style) and just about everyone uses SCREAMING_SNAKE_CASE
for constants so I'd suggest to use font-lock-constant-face for constants.

Oh, but we already use font-lock-constant-face. For symbols. :)

Considering that, in Ruby, class names are also constants, highlighting both with the same face doesn't look too bad.

I guess we can swap the two faces, but I'm kind of used to the way ruby-mode buffers look now. IOW, users may find it disruptive.