Re: Blink cursor changes, possible W32 breakage.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Blink cursor changes, possible W32 breakage.
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 12:54:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm pretty sure that the blinking cursor was by far the main problem.
>
> I'm pretty sure it is not.

I've done an strace of various Emacs sessions, and it seems like without
the cursor blinking, Emacs stays pretty quiet.  The main other offender
seems to be the gnutls polling code, apparently.  But I'm not quite sure
of that.  It's something that's triggering when there are open network
connections, but I haven't tracked down what, exactly.