Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:35:53 -0400

>> Why couldn't that be fixed?  Why should usage info not be in README.md?
> Because it's customary to put at least something into Commentary, usage info
> seems to be the most natural info to put there, and duplicating text is not
> nice. See my previous emails for better arguments.

OK.  let's try to take a step back.  You're suggesting that we need
2 places where we put different info (one being the Commentary: and
another being the README.*).

I just don't see it.  If you want to put info in the README, then you
can put all the relevant info in the README, and the Commentary: can
be trivial.  And vice versa.

>>> Take company's README.md, for example.  It's barren, but Commentary in
>>> company.el contains what you'd expect from a description.  I'd like to keep
>>> things that way there.

Why?  Why not move the info from company.el to README.md (where it can
be made prettier while you're at it)?

        Stefan