Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:04:52 -0400

> For larger packages, lets say "magit" for example, the commentary
> should be a short description of the package and maybe a link to more
> documentation, possibly a link to the README.  I can see that in some
> cases this is a bit of duplicate information, but in most cases
> I think the commentary is a bit lighter on details.

I think I understand what you mean.  But I'm not sure this duplication
is necessary.  GNU ELPA has the difference w.r.t MELPA that we're
willing to maintain local patches, if needed, so as to better conform to
our conventions.  In this case I'd like to come up with a convention that
avoids this duplication.

        Stefan