Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 07:52:55 +0200

Guys, thank you for the attention. During the night I came up
with a new idea, the change in Emacs:

**Execute all site-start files, not the first one on the path**

Pros:

- There is no single universal location for site-start file. Different
  developers may choose different locations, which would result in
  ignoring the file of one of them. Add to that the fact that subdir
  execution may change the load path. This problem that would be removed.

- Developers would have an easy way to append some code to the
  site-start code (my case).

- Some installation manuals advices: "insert the following lines into
  your init file" could be replaced with an elegant install procedure

Cons:

- If there is a mess on a system and it contains more than 1
  site-start file, there may be surprising effects after Emacs
  upgrade.

Is it acceptable? Are there any other cons I don't see? This one
doesn't look serious.

Jarek