Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 23:35:48 +0100

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think it should stay in Emacs core, mainly because I don't have
> write privs to Emacs core, and also because I can manage M/ELPA via Git
> rather than Bazaar.

It is your call, but I'd hate having it outside the Emacs core. That
would mean either removing the 4.0 mode from Emacs, or keeping it as
an obsolete and no-longer-maintained package. Emacs is first of all a
programmer's editor (historically, I mean), and there's a reason why
it has a lisp/progmodes directory.