Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 19:35:50 +0200

> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 12:16:30 -0500
> Cc: David Kastrup <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> [bzr is] obviously not fit for Emacs. If it were, we wouldn't be
> having this discussion in the first place.

Why we are having this discussion is explained here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-01/msg00005.html

There's nothing farther from truth than saying that bzr is not fit for
Emacs.  All of the core developers used bzr for years with no
problems.  If bzr were still actively developed and maintained, we
would probably stick to it, because the effort invested in integrating
it into our development processes is not easily tossed.