Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Rogerio Senna
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 18:30:39 -0200

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
> In regard to windows, buffers and frames, we could have a mode of
> operation which ties each buffer to a one-window frame.  That would
> eliminate a lot of complexity.
>
> We could even offer that as the mode of use for beginners, if that
> would make it easier for a new generation of hackers to become Emacs
> users.  I don't know whether it WOULD have that effect, but if it
> would, I think it is a good idea.

I'm somewhat doubtful this would be well-directed effort.  In my
experience, he complexity that beginners react badly to is not
multi-window/multi-buffer, it's 1,001 spiky keystroke sequences.

I couldn't help but notice that this (having each buffer tied to a single
frame) really sounds like One On One Emacs.