Re: Git transition checklist

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Git transition checklist
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:50:45 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2014q1/075790.html
>
> And apparently GNU Bazaar has a new maintainer as well:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2014q1/075797.html

    I am interested in keeping the bzr project maintained and willing to
    spend time and effort towards that goal.  I enjoy using the libré
    software bzr tool for distributed version control.

According to that mailing list thread, Richard Wilbur has been appointed
on Jan 6 by RMS as GNU Bazaar maintainer.

He announces this on Jan 13, and there is a reply by Aaron Bentley on
the same day with the text

    I'm glad you're so passionate about keeping bzr going that you're
    willing to take over as a maintainer.  Did you discuss this with the
    existing community first?

In the same thread, Aaron Bentley announces the release of BzrTools
2.6.0 on Jan 13, and Zygmunt Krynicki is announcing on Jan 11 that he is
forking Bazaar in order to make it support Python 3.0.

I don't think it is an overstatement to say that the general situation
surrounding Bazaar as well as its relations to the GNU project appear to
be rather unclear currently.

--
David Kastrup