Re: ttn unable to mail to debbugs.gnu.org (was: delay archive for "impor

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: Re: ttn unable to mail to debbugs.gnu.org (was: delay archive for "important" bugs)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:28:41 -0500

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, my (residential ADSL) ISP's relay rejects
> > mail sent to debbugs (dot gnu...) w/ a "non-existent domain" complaint
>
> Hmm. Sorry, that's above my paygrade.

It may be because debbugs.gnu.org has no MX record in DNS. I seem to
recall having had that problem with some mail server my e-mail was
passing through, at some point.

Debian uses an explicit MX record to for their debbugs instance, FYI.

debbugs.gnu.org also has no SOA record, but the SOA for gnu.org says
the person to e-mail is "hostmaster" at that domain.

--
"'tis an ill wind that blows no minds."