Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:26:58 +0100

() Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
() Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:40:19 -0400

       But if as a result of those measures, all development moves from
       GCC to Clang/LLVM, this will be a pyrrhic victory :-(

   That's what life is like.  If you fight, you might lose.  If you
   surrender, you lose for certain.

However, if you command concurrent efforts, you may withdraw from some
fronts in order to push "forward" on other fronts.  I think the current
situation w/ GCC reflects a "one-eye victory" (to use a Go analogy),
which basically means that what is defended is not guaranteed to live.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502