Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 13:26:07 +0100

address@hidden writes:

>> > Thanks, but I asked about features and functionality, not about the
>> > implementation details.
>>
>> That's the main difference between info and this. Info is a finished
>> product, this is just a demo of what could be done.
>>

> How about search engines, Nic?
>
> Yes, I know it is not a finished product, but what are your thoughts about
> it. Google, for example, want a plain html page for indexing. And I guess
> other search engines wants that too.

There's nothing about the architecture of this that would stop it being
indexed.

And indexing and presenting a different UI are two different
concerns. As I said before, this just proxies existing GNU
documentation. The existing documentation is very good for indexing and
it's still there. I'm not replacing it. I'm just making a "better" UI
for it.

Nic