Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 15:05:48 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> First, I wasn't talking about Info.  I was talking about the HTML
> format that is produced from the Texinfo source.  I said I didn't see
> the difference between browsing that and browsing your pages.
>
> And second, I asked specifically about features and functionality that
> the HTML files produced by "makeinfo --html", when browsed by a modern
> Web browser, don't provide or support.
>
> Let me put it another way: when you say "this is just a demo of what
> could be done", what exactly does this demo demonstrate, apart of the
> ability to produce HTML content?

The existing HTML info is just HTML. It's nothing like the Info viewer
in Emacs.

You have to click on everything, there's no ability to look anything up
in an index, or search for anything.

My demo doesn't do much of this either. But you can see how it could.

I might implement things like looking up in an index, because it won't take
much time.

Nic