Re: over-engineered (and under-standardized) inferior interfaces

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: over-engineered (and under-standardized) inferior interfaces
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:55:08 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> So I'd suggest using C-c C-c for a new prog-proc-send-region-or-buffer.
>
> I think "send the current buffer" is not good enough, except for those
> rare systems where a single file is all you need.

There is a subtly here, I think, depending on whether "send current
buffer" really sends the current buffer, or loads the file.

For example, clojure-cider binds C-c C-r to cider-eval-region, while C-c
C-k is cider-load-current-buffer (which actually loads the file of the
buffer). It doesn't actually have a keybinding for cider-eval-buffer
(other than mark-whole-buffer, cider-eval-region) because this nearly
always gives inferior (sorry) results.

Phil