Re: ELPAing all the GNU manuals

From: Thomas Koch
Subject: Re: ELPAing all the GNU manuals
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:32:37 +0200

> >> All GNU manuals are free. Therefore they can be redistributed.
Unfortunately there is some difference between what GNU considers free and what
Debian considers free[1]. Therefor we have many manuals that are available
only in Debian non-free which might be the reason you have to install a
separate documentation package in ubuntu.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License#Criticism

Please don't start a discussion on this subject here! I just wanted to make
Nic aware of the subject.

Regards, Thomas Koch