Re: History for query replace pairs

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: History for query replace pairs
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 08:52:27 +0700

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> I realized right now that the most intuitive and convenient way is
> to implement a new general function to read two values in the minibuffer
> with two entry fields.

Where there is two, there is +infinity.

In other words, why stop at two? Let’s have a general function that
accepts a description of zero or more parameters (I don’t know, call
it a “dialog template” or “interactive specification”) and allows the
user to enter all of them using Customize-like widgets in the
minibuffer. (Though at this point it probably makes sense to maintain
both composite histories for each dialog and separate histories for
each field.)