Re: dired-like interface for GPG

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: dired-like interface for GPG
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:55:50 -0500

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:24:31 +0000 Matthew Leach <address@hidden> wrote:

ML> I would soon like to embark on making a GPG interface for Emacs. It will
ML> be somewhat like dired, but you use it manage GPG keys in the keyring.
ML> Does this sound useful?

Yes.  Can you please use `tabulated-list-mode'?

The "nsm" branch Lars is developing has a very similar purpose, although
it's managing different things (you want GPG keys, he's doing SSL
certificates).  Perhaps you can use his branch and have one "security
manager" instead of several?

ML> One question I do have; is it advantageous to develop in a separate git
ML> branch so when this is (hopefully) merged, the entire history is
ML> available?

Yes, and right before merging I think it's good to rebase and reduce to
as few commits as possible ("git rebase -i" etc.)

Ted