Re: xref "find references" and grouping

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: xref "find references" and grouping
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 16:14:43 +0200

On Sat, May 02 2015, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> Helmut, any suggestions?

Maybe the current group label could be generalized to a path in a tree
simply a string and the UI can display it either as a flat list or some
of kind tree widget.

> Does SLIME have anything related?

Not really.  For a time we grouped compiler error/warning/notes with a
kind of tree widget; the idea was to make it easier to skip over notes
and warnings and see error more quickly, but in practice much time was
spend on opening and closing those subtrees.  I don't know if a tree
widget is a win.  In Emacs such things always seem to require a lot of
extra screen space compared to the GUI widgets in other IDEs.

Helmut