C-x 8 shorthands for ≤ and ≥

From: Kaushal
Subject: C-x 8 shorthands for ≤ and ≥
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:22:31 +0000

Hi Paul,

Added bindings for some of the frequently used unicode chars was a small but welcome udpate (referrring to this commit: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=4b41540b424468aeca87b9b47ffda2be25c5dac4 )

I simply wanted to comment on these bindings:

Can the bindings be changed to these:

The reason is that we use ≤ when implementing "LESS than or EQUAL to (<=)" comparision and ≥ when implementing "GREATER than or EQUAL to (>=)" comparision.

So "<=" will probably be more intuitive than "_<" and same applies for ">=" and "_>".

I can of course create my own binding to do that and the bindings you have are not difficult to remember.

But I thought of mentioning this as it's early enough to change the bindings if you and others agree with my reasoning.