Package installation messages

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Package installation messages
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 00:23:59 +0300

Hi everyone,

When I updated my Emacs from master a few days ago I noticed that  package installation has been changed significantly:

* the process starts with the super cryptic message "Transaction started"
* you get no visual indication that something is being done
* package compilation warnings are now to visible
* the process ends with the super cryptic message "Transaction done"

Seems to me we can do a bit better than this.