Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gn

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 18:19:15 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:00:03 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> - ERROR: I've reverted all open changes in my Emacs repository.
> >>
> >> - I've pushed.
> >
> > Not sure how it is possible, nor what "all open changes in my
> > repository" means here.  I think it's important to analyze and
> > understand what happened, in order for you to make sure you don't make
> > such mistakes in the future.
>
> I try to use vc-dir as much as possible. At this step, several files
> were marked as "edited", surprisingly. IIRC all files which were
> reported between my two previous pull requests, while I did commit
> tramp.el locally. That's to say the files, Stefan has repaired with
> f655987d63e181deb5e6fef1f93b409d96184fae. Since I didn't know it better,
> I've reverted all the local changes of them.

In this situation, it is better to invoke "git status" from the shell
prompt, it would have probably explained the situation much better.
IOW, I'm guessing you were tripped by some vc-dir bug or misfeature,
and the files marked "edited" were actually successfully merged and
staged for committing, which you should have done after resolving the
conflicts.

Btw, when you say you've committed tramp.el after resolving the
conflicts, what exactly did you do?  Did you commit only that file, or
did you commit all the files that were ready to be committed?