Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:13:14 -0700

> May I ask if there's a reason to not have a single style for const pointers?
> I get 2162 occurrences of "const char *", and 357 occurrences of "char const
> *" in the C sources.

Hi Oleh,

tangential question within the context of a larger thread, please start a new
thread by changing the subject line. A question about C pointers shouldn't be
part of a discussion on whether Emacs should be rewritten in another language.

It makes it hard to determine which messages to pay attention to, and that
slows down my ability to keep on top of relevant questions.

Thank you,
  John