Re: IDE

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 18:28:05 +0200

Przemysław Wojnowski <address@hidden> writes:

> W dniu 17.10.2015 o 10:39, David Kastrup pisze:
> [...]
>> My refactoring work tends to be done using stuff like
>>[...]
> With all due respect, please spend a morning with a modern IDE (like
> Intellij, Eclipse) to learn how they make programmers productive.

Not really interested.  This refactoring was necessitated by stuff being
implemented with a contorted C macro system.  Any refactoring system
able to do this out of the box would be too complicated to learn.

> Especially look at their refactoring features. It's a different
> league.

To sed?  Uh, that's not a particularly interesting contest since sed has
no refactoring features at all.  Multi-line replacements are noisome
enough.  At any rate, I am not interested in using other tools here.
Scripting means I can work incrementally and put the respective
responsible script into the commit message.

Which means that redoing that particular refactoring when branches are
rebased or my commit takes a week for reviewing while other changes pour
in is then trivial.

--
David Kastrup